Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Act Like a LADY; Think Like a WOMAN

Forget whatever foolishness that Steve Harvey is trying to sell. There's nothing more attractive than a young LADY who is behaving and dressing the part. And there is nothing sexier or more empowering than a confident, educated and experienced WOMAN.  If you know what you want, are attentive enough and mature enough to compromise and improve, when necessary then there is no reason for any girl to act like a boy for the sake of a relationship??  It's really that simple and that easy.  All these rules, tricks and games just make things more complicated and ridiculous!  Besides, no real man wants their lady thinking like a boy; and no real woman needs to play a different gender role to have a successful love life. Period!!

With that said, lets move on to the fun part ...this cute little outfit!!! Lol. Polka dots and ruffles are an instant way to scream,  'I'm a laaaaaaaddyy (in my Sheneneh voice)!!!'  It's the ultimate lady-like combination. And as you honeeyz can see, dressing like a lady doesn't mean that you have to look super conservative and frumpy!  All you have to remember is to keep all of your style and attitude in the look and you will be the sexiest lady-like chick out there and in my experience, that whole look typically drives the boys crazy! :-). What types of prints, silhouettes, combinations and pieces do you Honeeyz go to when dressing like a laddddyy? 
Cardigan worn as a shirt and Earrings, H&M; Shorts, Modcloth @ www.modcloth.com; Shoes and Bag, L.A.M.B.; Watch, Gucci; Rosegold Bracelet, BCBGeneration.
 I thought the shorts had so much personality that the top and shoe didn't have to be too loud so I paired them with a lightweight, 3/4 sleeve, nude colored cardigan. The ruffles on the cardigan shoulders were perfectly fitting for the lady like theme. 

See the rest of the story in the form of pics below!!! 




4 comments:

  1. your right.black women have become more masculine because of the rolls they had to play as mother and father for the last 400 or so years.the men have also become more feminine for the same reason.this is no accident,is a sociological design of eugenics.....anyway i'm glad there is still real women in the world like yourself....keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwee thanks so much for the compliment and encouragement! And thanks so much for your input on the dynamic of women and men. That is an excellent and on point observation concerning the reasoning behind some of this madness! I definitely agree with that notion. Please come back to Milk and Honeeyz and share some more! :-)

      Delete
  2. First, I love this post. So timely considering where I am in my life right now. I am so glad that I found this blog!!! Keep the good stuff coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found us too and took the time out to comment! I appreciate you!! And I'm glad you found this particular post to be on point for you! That's one of my biggest hopes is that through sharing and discussion we can find support, advice, and encouragement out here b/c Lawwddd knows I needs it! :-) Please come back and share with us and I'll continue to work hard to put out the good stuff!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...