Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dress DOWN Friday Turned UP!!

Just b/c the word "down" is included in the term doesn't mean you have to (or should) take it literal when it comes to Friday attire at work.  My whole philosophy about Dress Down Friday (and work in general) is that I don't have a choice about whether or not I have to go to work (somebody's gotta pay the bill; momma needs a new pair of shoes; babies need to eat...and all that); but I do have a choice about what I wear while working (to some degree). Since I love clothes and fashion, and a great outfit always make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, there is no better time than dress down Friday at work to utilize clothes to turn me all the way UP!
Jeans, Rock and Republic; Blazer, Asos Black Label; Polka Dot Tie Shirt, LK Bennett London; Bag, L.A.M.B.; Watch, Marc by Marc Jacobs; Wooden Ring, H&M

*By the way I just saw this pic of Keri Hilson online today right before I drafted this post, courtesy of Concreteloop.com, and it looks like she and I were sort of on the same page today with the white blazers, button up dress shirts, and jeans.  :-) Go Keri! You look hawwtt, but of course! LOL.

Click below after the break to see the rest of my dress DOWN, turned UP photo shoot!!! :-)
C


You see how quickly this whole thing is positively impacting my day??? I'm so happy about this outfit that I'm laughing for no good reason (ok, again I'm being dramatic...but it's fun that way)!! So, I have to say that there is nothing like a bright, crisp, tailored white blazer to clean your look up and pull it all the way together! I can wear this thing with just about anything...including a bright white tank (which is a staple for me).  I got this blazer from ASOS as part of their ASOS Black collection (I don't shop there any longer b/c they have the worse customer service on the planet but that's another post for another day).  I love the asymmetric cut on the side of the jacket (see pic below) and the fact that it's collarless b/c those little details add that little bit of creativeness that I seem to need in my life! It's always a little tricky when wearing starch white pieces with other colors and patterns, but I say go for it! How do/would you honeeyz rock a white blazer??  What are your personal pet peeves and "rules" for dress down Fridays? 

C-ya until next time honeeyz!!!

11 comments:

  1. cuteness!! This is how I would interpret dress down fridays too...because some people dress down too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect for dress down Fridays..........i agree with Pauline some people get downright bummy for dress down Fridas
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Honeeyz! I couldn't agree more that some people totally forget that they are still at work on dress down Friday and go way to the left and totally FAIL! On the flip side some people totally forget to bring their style and personality to dress down Friday and bore my pants off. LOL. If you have the opportunity to be a little creative, have a little fun and relax a little while working, I say take advantage and do all that, while keeping in mind that you are still at work. BALANCE!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great look!!!! luv all things polka dot:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honeey me too... I actually have forced myself to stop from acquiring any more polka dots! LOL.

      Delete
  5. Love it! Being a fellow Washingtonian, I know that it is difficult to be cute and carefree in this somewhat conservative town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey honeey! Thank you for the compliment! Yea, I gotta shake it up a little down here...I bought the Philly with me! LOL.

      Delete
  6. I've been thrifting for a white blazer gearing up for the spring time!! Your "dress down" look is fab!

    E. Louise

    www.shapelylouise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey E. Louise!! Thanks for the compliments! Let me know what you find while thrifting. I'm sure you will find something fabulous!! I haven't yet caught on to the thrifting craze but I gotta get it together b/c I've seen some amazing finds!

      Delete
  7. That jacket is absolutely gorgeous. You definitely should still get jazzy on Fridays.

    Jillian

    www.NuSophisticate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jillian! Welcome to Milk and Honeeyz, thank you for the compliment and I so agree with you...jazzy on Friday's is a DO!! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...