Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy 13th Birthday Princess Cierra!

I'm wishing my Princess, Cierra Brianna, a happy 13th birthday today!! I don't know who is more excited about this day?? But I know I'm really amped up about it! It's so mind blowing to me to know that this little lady is now officially a teenager (either I'm getting old which is not obvious at all or I started too young, yea probably the latter)! It seems like just yesterday she was born, weighing in at only 2 lbs 12 oz. with the fears that her prematurity be the blame for lasting medical and developmental problems.  But she proved them all wrong (although she still spends a lot of her time in the blonde girls' wig...lol).   Aside from being a major crybaby, spoiled brat earlier on in life and then later transitioning into the cutest little, sweetest little, artistic little airhead we know, she had absolutely no complications or issues once she picked up some weight.  BUT GOD.


Today, she is a distinguished honor's student (this past marking period which ended about 2 weeks ago she earned 5 A's and 2 B's...that's my baby), informal animal rights activist (PETA here she comes...dragging her momma's blood splashed furs, leathers, and pony hair pieces with her),  star athlete, hard working, helpful, respectful, style savvy (see her style feature HERE) and genuine little sweet pea!  Her brother consistently refers to her as a goody goody (I always reply for her to keep at which is really code for, whatever you do don't wreak havoc on my life like your brother....sweet baby Jesus).  I love this little girl more than words can say for the obvious reason (she is mine) but also b/c she sincerely makes me better.  I've had to literally learn the importance of being more sensitive, considerate, hesitant, and compassionate just from being her mother and now I'm a better woman.  I've worked extremely hard because I want her to see the value of hard work, to understand that any and everything is doable, but also as a soon to be woman, that we too can make the world go around and if that's what she wants to do, she doesn't have to ever compromise her ambition, career choices and desires simply b/c she is a woman.  I'm forever grateful for her and extremely proud of her and happy to have shared the last 13 years with her! 

Happy birthday to my Princess!!! In her words, "we gonna do it big" this weekend! :-) 
The lashes get me every time. Whatever she wants... :-) 



2 comments:

  1. This post brought tears to my eyes, God is so awesome, what a testimony! He has so many plans for her - plans to bless and prosper her. May He continue to grant her favor in all she does. Happy Birthday to her!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awweee! Thank you so much for that Nika and I'll be sure to tell her you wished her a happy birthday!! You got it completely right, God has quite the plans for her and in her has created quite a special young lady that I can't thank Him enough for! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...