Monday, February 27, 2012

Style Crush - Olivia Palermo

Olivia Palermo - Philosophy Di Alberta Ferretti - Front Row - Fall 2012 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
I have mentioned before that if I had to describe my style I would say varied.  But if I had to pinpoint one particular look within my personal style book that I love the most and repeat frequently, I'd have to say that I'm very classic but with a twist or edge.  I like traditional silhouettes, clean and simple cuts, and straight lines.  But the twist to keep me from looking boring or ultra conservative and what makes up my style, is the use of textures (fur, leather, pony hair are some of my favorite textures) colors patterns, unexpected cut outs and asymmetry.  I also love to shop for pieces rather than outfits b/c they can be rocked so many different ways which makes for a more flexible and versatile wardrobe.  All of these little niches about my own personal style and shopping habits is the reason why I have a style crush on Olivia Palermo.  If you don't recognize her, she was featured in the last 2 seasons of MTV's "The Hills" spin off, "The City," filmed in NYC with a crew of NYC characters, including Oliva.  She is what they would call a socialite... famous for being rich and pretty and using daddy's money to rock some of the hottest digs.  Basically, rich for nothing, famous for not a thing.  Her attitude on The City drove me crazy, in fact when I first started this blog (and quickly abandoned it before relaunching) I drafted a post that never came to fruition titled "The Sh#tty City" all centered around Olivia's nasty little stank attitude and the disgusting reality of being rich and famous for no reason actually matters in America.  Despite all of that, you can't deny this girl is cute and stylish!! I hate her attitude (or at least how it was displayed on TV) and the fact that she was born with a silver spoon jammed down her throat and placed in both of her hands, but she is fly! She accessorizes almost all of her looks with some fur and even when she is entirely dressed down and casual she is super chic.  All of her looks are very classic, sophisticated with a pop of something...color, texture, or accessorized (you will hardly ever see her without a fabulous oversized bag...that's so my motto).  She makes a simple pencil skirt, sheath dress, or pair of leather leggings look like something so innovative just by how she styles the look (usually with fur...I repeat).  I love it! I think clean pieces are so sexy and actually create a blank slate for you to interject more of your personality than some of the more busy/trendy outfits that scream at anyone looking your way.  Sometimes the subdued, simplistic, lady like look means so much more than all the extra and bells and whistles.  You know, the whole less is more saying??! It aptly applies here!  Anyways, see below for a few of my favorite looks that Olivia rocked.  And before any of you honeeyz get your sexy panties in a bunch, I only have a CRUSH on her STYLE... I don't love her attitude and I'm not saying she's an icon or anything like that....just saying that I love her style and how she puts pieces together and how it reminds me of my own style philosphy.  :-)   It's not about race, status, size or anything like that.  Just about her style. What do you honeeyz think? Who's style do you honeeyz crush on and why??

**All pictures are courtesy of www.zimbio.com. There is a lot of fur, animal prints, pony hair and clean lines going down and I like every minute of it!

Olivia Palermo - Jess Weixler at the Giorgio Armani Prive fashion show during Paris Haute Couture week
Olivia Palermo - Fashion goes to Milk Studios



Olivia Palermo - Olivia Palermo in the Meatpacking District
Olivia Palermo - The DKNY Sunglass Soiree In New York
Olivia Palermo - Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2010 - People and Atmosphere - Day 6
Olivia Palermo - Rebecca Minkoff  - Front Row - Fall 2012 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
Olivia Palermo - 'The Ledge' New York Screening
Olivia Palermo - Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic-VIP Marquee
Olivia Palermo - Olivia Palermo And Beau Johannes Huebl Grab Lunch
Olivia Palermo - Celebrity Front Row Day 4 - LFW Autumn/Winter 2011
Olivia Palermo - HUGO BOSS Celebrates HUGO On Greene Street In Honor Of The Young Collectors Council Of The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
Olivia Palermo - Olivia Palmero at the Look Show at London Fashion Week
Olivia Palermo - Celebrities At The Tibi Fashion Show In New York
Olivia Palermo - Michalsky Style Nite - Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2011
Olivia Palermo - Cinema Society Screening Of "Extraordinary Measures" - After Party

5 comments:

  1. Olivia is definitely fly. Always has been! My style crushes are Zoe Saldana, Kerry Washington, and J. Lo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey honeey!!! I couldn't agree with you more! Not only is Kerry one of my fav style crushes but she's my celeb twin too! Loves her. And Zoe and J. Lo (not Jennifer Lopez but J.Lo) are also style crushes! I've already drafted a Zoe post to publish later! Thanks for checking in and I hope you continue to stop by!

      Delete
  2. Love the fur vest as an option. Just bought one :) Thank you for justifying & confirming my purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Renee! I've been looking for a good fur vest all year I finally found a so so one. I'll probably wear it this weekend and post pics next week. Be sure to come back and check it out. And feel free to submit pics of you rocking yours at leonnette29@yahoo.com! :-)

      Delete
  3. Well let's hope no-one ever rips your skin off to make clothing for shallow women like you or her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...