Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Taste the Rainbow...

I miss the summer miserably and just to prove it I decided to put together a kaleidoscope of dramatic colors and viola...Skittles don't even look this good! LOL.  One thing I've learned is that we control our outlook and feelings and as vain or sappy as it may sound, your attire is a great way of projecting and controlling your mood.  I mean do you think people wear all black to funerals to reflect that they are happy??  Doubt it.  So I say, if you are not feeling in the best of moods take control! If you aren't looking forward to a certain event, weather predictions, prospective company (uggghhh) or any type of interaction, then determine what it is you would rather feel, think or display and allow for your clothes to help put you in that place.  It's extremely difficult to walk around with a frown and a pout while wearing hot pink, neon orange, and bright yellow!  I can honestly say, after putting together this blast of colors I instantly felt warm and fuzzy inside and my attitude was cheery and bright to boot! Try it some time! :-)  What do you honeeyz do to help set your mood, control a raging attitude or turn your frown upside down?  
Silk Shirt, Anthropologie; Skirt and Shoes, BCBG MaxAzria; Leather Clutch, Gap (Circa 2000); Pink Diamond Watch, AquaMaster; Rosegold bangle, BCBGeneration; Colorful Hoop/Chain earrings, F21. 

Click below for the rest of the story, in the form of pictures, with commentary and a very special guest appearance!! And special shout out to my new photographer and part time stylist, my 12-year-old daughter, Cierra! She helped style this look ("wonderful mommy") and she took all of the pictures.  LOVE HER!!!!!


This skirt is one of my favorites. Not only do I like the color blocking style but I love the mix of hot pink with fire engine red.  And this skirt is the most forgiving!! It is skin tight but it locks you in and holds you there! LOL. MaxAzria knows how to fit a woman and make her love her body (and everybody will love it too).
Just taking it all in.... wooosahhhhhhh!!!
The clutch has been a favorite for over a decade and to think it came from the Gap! The color is a worn deep brown/tan with a burnt orangy/brown leather rose petal decal.  This was purchased during that era in the early 2000s when the Gap was phenomenal and put out some of the absolute most fantastic pieces.  Shan and I have several pieces from that era that have remained in our collection this entire time and will never leave! You'll see them soon! Too bad the Gap hasn't been any good since then.  This clutch was actually one of my other good friend's to start off with but we swapped for something but I can't remember what, but whatever she has of mine in exchange for this piece she can keep b/c I love this thing!  I have another of the exact same style but in white leather with rose pink petal decals. 
Benjamin "Benji" Fitzgerald, the baby Shih Tzu, making a cameo! 
Thanks for coming! See ya later honeeyz!!! :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you really recognize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We may have a hyperlink change agreement between us!
    8 Pc Dovetail Cutters Set

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...