Thursday, August 30, 2012

Never Again, Once More?

As they always say in fashion, everything old becomes new again.  Trends are constantly being recycled and sometimes the second and third time around is the charm and other times you feel like it should've never ever been created and therefore, has no good business coming back yet again! And that brings me to the purpose of this post, and that is to get your honest feedback on a returning trend that I decided to give another go...  only about 2 decades later... the revolutionary M.C. Hammer pant!!! 

A few days ago I posted these pics to Milk and Honeeyz's Instagram (@milkandhoneeyz) and Facebook page and asked my audience this very question and got a mix of replies that had me cracking up and prompting me to come right here to get my hardcore honeeyz's opinion as well!  Don't everyone reply at once, but do these pants get a warm welcome back into the 21st century or a swift kick back into the 90s?? Do tell! I'd love to hear your specific thoughts and reasonings as to why this trend is welcome to return or can't leave fast enough.  For the record, I personally love these pants and despite any feedback, I plan to rotate them throughout my wardrobe like nobody's business; but hey that's the beauty of fashion and style... individual preference and taste.  If you have confidence and an eye for what works for you and how to put things together, anything can work, even if it's not the next persons particular choice. I was attracted first to the print, color and fabric of these pants.  And the shape and cut just made them that much more interesting.  There is little room for creativity with pants (2 legs, a zipper and a button...that's it) so I happily welcomed a switch up in the silhouette.  Besides, I distinctly remember rocking the crap out of these pants when they first came out and doing a mean impression of M.C. Hammer's all girl protege group, 3-5-7! So I figured, why not make that happen again (minus the 3-5-7 impression)??!  Besides, fashion is the best place to take a risk! :-)
Harem Pant: Zara; Open Back Top: UrbanOutfitters; Cutout Booties: L.A.M.B.; Necklace: Forever21; Bracelets: BCBG, Anthropologie; Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Click Below for More Shots....






UNTIL NEXT TIME....

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah awwww yeah!! You said 3-5-7 and I went into the zone for a minute..lol! Anywho love the pants, never stopped loving/wearing the harem/hammer and probably never will. I'm diggin' how you styled them chica!
    www.swoonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd get it! LOL. They never really went out of style to me either, but I was thinking a few people may have thought I lost my mind, but I got a lot of compliments when I wore them so I guess us girls are on to something??!!! :-)

      Delete
  2. Very cute Lee! I never really liked those pants but they look good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks La'Keal! :-) They are actually hard to wear with that whole saggy middle thing going on so I honestly wouldn't blame anyone for turning away. But I was a sucker for the print and fabric so had to give it a go! Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you Jeeda, I was singing the same song, used to love that song!! LOL I think the pants are cute, especially how you styled them. I always everything ain't for everybody, so I probably would never be able to pull the off, but you do nicely!!


    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok so you and Jeeda have me dancing... Lord help us all... LOL. Thanks for the compliment dear!

      Delete
  4. Honey it's all in the styling & you rocked it! Def keep them in rotation. Luv the print & the accessories brings it all together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...